Been trying to get back in the habit of doing regular Paper Trail columns. It's hard to find time to do things you know? But here is something. Maybe I can pull together smaller columns throughout the rest of the month. Perhaps maybe.
A new Silent Army Storeroom opens in August. FB event page.
Comicsmas in July: Comics launch in Melbourne this weekend at All Star Comics. FB event page.
Dylan Horrocks Apologises at Chromacon 2015
Indira Neville comics essay Competent Boy Comics - An Explanation and follow up essay
New Zealand Comics are Not Competent Boy Comics. Indira's second essay includes a table of New Zealand Comics events and publications, the dismal amount of NZ women cartoonists featured in them, and possible rationale behind this. I couldn't disagree with 80% of the points Indira makes and don't feel intelligent enough to debate the other 20% but I am very grateful that Indira and other guest bloggers have been writing essays for the Square Planet Comics Blog on important issues in comics rather than the 'Simple Team Comics Boosterism' that seems to plague a lot of comics journalism.
Fred Atkins interviews Frank Candiloro
Simon Hanselmann has a new book out in November from Fantagraphics. Megahex is in it's third printing! Sweet.
This column is bought to you by the Barry Linton Kickstarter, c'mon get onboard! Finely crafted comics and prints by Barry delivered through the mail system into your sweet sweet hands.
Paper Trail masthead courtesy of Toby Morris.